Thank you for your interest in Caribbean InTransit: An Arts Journal.
We welcome the following types of submissions:
- Essays in English, Spanish or French.
- Mas , or junkanoo designs
- Any other artistic expression with blurbs in English, French, Spanish, Dutch, dialect or creole
- Films in any language with subtitles in English
- Fiction or non-fiction writings in English or dialects ( writings in dialect should be accompanied by a translation of terms).
- Research papers on visual or vocal modes of expression
- Interviews in English of contemporary artists.
ALL Submissions should be accompanied by the following:
- Professional affiliation
- Contact information
- Title of Attached manuscript
- keywords, at least 3 (essays only)
- an abstract of not more than 150 words (essays & interviews only)
- a biography of not more than 60 words
- A professional photograph of yourself (optional)
Guidelines for Essays, Interviews and Reviews:
- Text including endnotes must be in Microsoft Word format (doublespaced, in a readable font)
- All images should be in .jpg format.
- All jpg image titles should have;the entire caption for the image as the name of the jpg.
- Titles in the body of the text should be italicized with section titles in bold.
- All essays must have accurate bibliographies.
- MLA format should be used.
Video/sound clips can be sent via a DropBox to firstname.lastname@example.org
Word limits for various submissions are as follows:
- Academic papers: 7500 words
- Reviews: 3000 words
- Profiles/Essays on Artists and Art Work: 1000-1500 words
- Upcoming Events/Releases/Shows or highlights from arts organizations: 100-250 words ;
Kindly label each document for easy identification (e.g JamesUlysses.doc; JamesAuthorPhoto.jpg; JamesLeoBloomPhoto.jpg).
All submissions are subject to the double-blind academic peer review process. For Spring Issues, authors can expect to receive notice of acceptance by February 15th. For Fall issues, authors can expect to receive notice of acceptance by July 15th. Please note that the reviewing process can take at least 1-2 months and consists of editorial selection and two anonymous reviewers. Selected authors will receive comments with one of the following:
- “accepted as is”
- “accepted with minor revisions required”
- " accepted with major revisions required”.
The final decision to publish rests with the editors who reserve the right to reject a manuscript at any stage of the peer review process.
The deadline for submission to Spring Issues is November 30th. Deadline for Submission to Fall issue is May 30th.
· 1 printed copy of each issue
· Inclusion of promotional material in packages at Caribbean InTransit festival events
· Logo in Caribbean InTransit promotional materials
· Features & Links on the Caribbean InTransit website page
· 1 month of advertising on Caribbean InTransit’s website
· 50% off conference registration
· Inclusion in Caribbean InTransit exhibitions
· Featured Members column on Caribbean InTransit’s website and social media campaigns